This meeting is fully booked.
Wednesday, September 3
9 - 9:30a: Welcome and introductions
9:30 - 9:45a: LOCKSS Program "state of the state"
9:45a - 12:15p: PLNs "state of play" presentations
- What is preserved?
- What motivated the PLN?
- How long has it been in operation/when is it starting?
- What are the relevant legal and governance documents?
- What are the relevant committees; meetings?
- Who are the participating institutions and where are they located?
- How big is the network?
- What lessons have you learned?
12:15 - 1:15p: Lunch
1:15 - 3p: PLNs "state of play" presentations continued
3 - 4p: Dr. David S. H. Rosenthal strategic topics
4:00 - 5:30p: Reception
5:30p: Leave for dinner, 1.7 mile walk from campus, rides available
6p: Family-style dinner (hosted, except for alcoholic drinks)
Thursday, September 4
9a - 3:30p: To be determined
Eduroam is available and Stanford has guest wifi.
Lunch, reception, and dinner will be provided on Wednesday; Lunch on Thursday is "on your own". Information about on-campus eateries can be found here.
Recommendations for nearby accommodations can be found here. We suggest telling the hotel when you make a reservation that you are attending a Stanford event. They may give you the Stanford negotiated discount.
- Information on transportation to and from local airports can be found here.
- Information on the Stanford local shuttle service can be found here.
- Information on campus parking can be found here. Parking at "Pay by Space #" locations (e.g., Parking Structure 6 beneath Wilbur Field) is $16/day. Spaces do fill up, so plan on getting to campus closer to 8:30a.