LOCKSS 2.0-alpha3 Available for Testing
As my first official act as Program Manager for the LOCKSS Program, it gives me great pleasure to announce that LOCKSS 2.0-alpha3, the third publicly available prototype of our next-generation distributed digital preservation software suite, is now available for testing.
In addition to numerous bug fixes and performance improvements throughout the system, this new iteration boasts:
- Container orchestration through the lightweight Kubernetes environment MicroK8s.
- Support for multiple disk storage volumes (in preparation for migrating existing LOCKSS boxes, many of which have multiple disk storage volumes), as well as numerous design and performance improvements in the repository layer.
- The runcluster development environment, which can be used to run a lightweight LOCKSS system from JAR artifacts built locally from the Git codebase or retrieved from Maven Central or Sonatype OSSRH.
- Infrastructure for building LAAWS-native LOCKSS plugins.
- IP filtering for REST endpoints (similar to IP filtering for the LOCKSS Web user interface).
- Pywb 2.4.2.